For Claudio Caluori, the summer of 2021 brings on a whole series of new challenges in his home region of Graubünden. Three years after Claudio and Danny MacAskill had a spectacular chase through the “Home of Trails”, it’s all about glory again this year, but mostly about honor – times five. A handful of famous mountain bike riders will challenge Claudio on the legendary trails in the five biking regions of Graubünden. Click here for the opening clip.
Claudio Caluori, the jack-of-all-trades of mountain biking, knows the trails of Graubünden inside out. To kick off the 2021 season, Danny MacAskill, Claudio’s 2018 counterpart, is launching a new call with the slogan “Take Claudio to the Limit.” Starting July 2021, Claudio is to face five challenges against a mountain bike all-star team. French downhill superstar Loic Bruni, German slopestyle and YouTube hero Lukas Knopf, Danish endurance specialist Annika Langvad, British downhill legend Steve Peat and New Zealand freerider Vero Sandler will push Claudio to new heights on his home turf. The five showdowns will be held in the regions of Laax, Davos Klosters, Arosa Lenzerheide, Engadin and Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair. Bike fans can look forward to spectacular videos from Graubünden, which will be published successively on Graubünden’s YouTube channel from mid-July on.
100 trail tips for your personal challenge
The “Home of Trails” is a bike playground of a special kind and leaves hardly any wishes unfulfilled. If you are looking for single trail action or bike park fun yourself, you will find your own personal challenge in Graubünden. On www.homeoftrails.com Claudio Caluori presents 100 tips for the different styles of mountain biking. Here are five selected highlights:
- Enduro: Motta Naluns – Fuorcla Champatsch – Val Sinestra (https://maps.graubuenden.ch/de/tour/mountainbikerouten/motta-naluns-fuorcla-champatsch-val-sinestra/53044954/)
- All Mountain: Pischa (https://maps.graubuenden.ch/de/tour/mountainbikerouten/645-pischa-e-mtb-tauglich-/3160182/)
- Freeride: Hörnli trail (https://maps.graubuenden.ch/de/tour/mountainbikerouten/hoernli-trail/29431734/)
- Cross Country/Marathon: Val da Fain – Pass Chaschauna (https://maps.graubuenden.ch/de/tour/mountainbikerouten/val-da-fain-pass-chaschauna/23436383/)
- Family Tour: Runca-Trail (https://maps.graubuenden.ch/de/tour/mountainbikerouten/runca-trail-694-/23434896/)
graubündenBIKE-Chat goes into its second season
For more detailed information, you can now once again get in touch with local experts via graubündenBIKE-Chat. The “trail gurus” are more than happy to share their knowledge and insider tips for your next bike ride or bike vacation in the “Home of Trails”.
Header picture: Dominik Bosshard